Monday, January 10, 2011

Anyone need 3 x 3 notecards?

Here is a very clever idea I scraplifted from another site.  I have adjusted mine a little.  Here is the Recipe:


Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge for the circles and the heart,  both have been cut at 2 inches; I used Simple Sally Stamps from Peachy Keen Stamps along with paper from Stampin Up, a white gel roll pen and my glue was Elmers Dot runner. I also used a 1/2 inch dimensional on the back of the circle and heart.  The blush on the circle face was simply my makeup! Start my cutting your paper at 4 1/4 x 7 inches.  This will make the envelope.  Cut another piece of paper at 3 x 6 inches.  Fold your 3 by 6 paper in half to make 3x3 notecard.  Round your corners with scissors or a corner punch.  Put stitiching around the edges with your black fine point marker.  The envelope directions:  Score paper at 1/2 inch on both long sides.  Score paper on the width at 3 3/4 inches.  Turn around and score again at 3 3/4 inches.  Make sure that you tightly score the edges so you get a tight edge and seal.  On the 4 corners of the paper,  Cut your paper up to the fold marks on the sides.  With the remaining side pieces, angle cut them.  Fold edges in and put your glue on the folded side that will fold away from you towards the seal part of the envelope where you put the card in.  Add stitching on the outer edges of the envelope, put a greeting on your card with the stamp you have chosen and presto!  3x3 notecard and envelope.  It took me approx. 1 hour from start to finish to make 4 cards on my first try.  Can't wait to see what ideas others come up with!  Thanks for looking...........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SUPER CUTE! I am going to try this!