Monday, January 3, 2011

A special Birthday Gift


A dear co-worker of mine will be celebrating her 60th birthday this weekend.  Her husband is throwing her the party and invited the staff where I work to join in celebrating with her.  In honor of her birthday, I have made a glass block!  I purchased the block at Michaels Craft Store,  I then etched 60th into the block with etching cream.  Once dry, I added the pearls around the edge, the self sticking stickers and the ribbon, which I had purchased from walmart.  I used vinyl cut with the plantin schoolbook cricut cartridge to use as a stencil for the numbers.  I have posted pics of the front and back for you to see.  I will be adding a string of 10 lights inside.  Hope you enjoy this!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice job.

Kathryn said...

Oh how very pretty!! This is a great gift. TFS